Associate Veterinarians work as employees of veterinary practices or clinics where they provide medical treatment to animals. They diagnose illnesses, perform surgeries, and advise animal owners on proper aftercare.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Associate Veterinarian Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a compassionate and experienced Associate Veterinarian to diagnose and treat various diseases, illnesses, dental issues, and injuries in pets. The Associate Veterinarian’s responsibilities include explaining diagnoses and treatments to pet owners, preparing pets for surgeries, and administering immunizations. You should also be able to answer pet owners' questions and educate new pet owners on general pet care.
To be successful as an Associate Veterinarian, you should be able to keep abreast of the latest developments in animal medicine. Ultimately, an exceptional Associate Veterinarian should display sound knowledge of animal healthcare and treat all pets with compassion and love.
Associate Veterinarian Responsibilities:
- Examining pets to diagnose various illnesses, diseases, and injuries.
- Treating pets by prescribing appropriate medications, cleaning and dressing wounds, and performing surgeries and other medical procedures.
- Collecting samples of pets' blood, urine, and feces as required.
- Operating radiographic and ultrasound equipment to conduct further diagnostic testing.
- Euthanizing pets in cases where medical treatment is, or would be, ineffective.
- Spaying and neutering pets.
- Advising pet owners on proper aftercare following surgeries and medical procedures.
- Updating pet records following each treatment and medical procedure.
Associate Veterinarian Requirements:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or Veterinariae Medicinae Doctoris (VMD) degree.
- State Veterinarian license.
- Proven experience working as a Veterinarian.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to think and act quickly.
- Willingness to provide after-hours emergency treatment.
- Manual dexterity.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources