Assistant Director of Nursing Job Description Template
We are looking for an attentive and knowledgeable assistant director of nursing (ADON) who will assist in ensuring the nursing department provides consistent, attentive, and efficient care to patients. The ADON is responsible for monitoring nursing staff, nursing activities, and patient care, as well as ensuring nursing activities are in compliance with federal, state, and local standards.
A successful ADON is responsible, attentive, knowledgeable, and provides high-quality care to patients. You should provide support to nursing staff and the director of nursing, and thoughtful care to patients.
Assistant Director of Nursing Responsibilities:
- Helping to hire, train, teach, and monitor nurses.
- Managing clinical operations and developing care plans.
- Preparing the daily schedule and planning shifts.
- Ensuring nursing staff follows departmental procedures and policies.
- Assisting in budget preparation and expense management.
- Conducting patient rounds and addressing complaints.
- Evaluating the performance of the department and recommending improvements.
- Scheduling staff meetings for patient updates, issues, and recommendations.
- Ensuring compliance with state, federal, and local standards.
- Keeping patient and employee records updated and accurate.
Assistant Director of Nursing Requirements:
- A bachelor's or associate's degree in nursing.
- A Registered nursing license.
- Experience in Nursing.
- Good critical thinking, communication, and leadership skills.
- Good planning and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of computers and healthcare software.
- The ability to work under stressful conditions.