Assistant Directors of Nursing (ADONs) is responsible for assisting the directors with monitoring nursing staff and activities and patient care. They supervise staff, make patient rounds, and ensure compliance with state, federal, and local standards.
When interviewing ADONs, look for candidates who demonstrate experience in nursing as well as managerial experience. Take note of candidates who demonstrate a lack of communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Assistant Directors of Nursing:
1. What things do you look for when conducting patient rounds?
Demonstrates candidates' nursing experience.
2. What do you do to handle the stress of the job?
Look for candidates who demonstrate the ability to compartmentalize and handle stress.
3. How would you handle a conflict with staff or patients?
Demonstrates' candidates' interpersonal and communication skills. Take note of candidates who demonstrate a lack of ability to differentiate treatment of patients and treatment of staff.
4. What traits would you look for when hiring new nursing staff?
Look for candidates who demonstrate an understanding of the profession, as well as management skills.
5. What would you do if you disagreed with the director about a patient's care?
Demonstrates candidates' problem-solving skills, as well as knowledge of department policies.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources