Advertising accounts executives act as the liaison between the creative team at an advertising agency and the client. They manage the client’s advertising budget and ensure that the creative team adheres to the client’s brand guidelines and marketing requirements.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Advertising Account Executive Job Description Template
We are looking for an innovative advertising account executive to act as a go-between for our company's creative team and our clients. Your responsibilities will include determining the client's needs, explaining the creative process, recommending solutions, and overseeing the creative team.
To be a successful advertising account executive, you should motivate the creative team to exceed the client's expectations and expertly manage their budget. Ultimately, a top-class advertising account executive is detail-oriented and organized.
Advertising Account Executive Responsibilities:
- Sourcing new clients and negotiating contracts with them.
- Meeting with clients regularly and serving as the contact between them and the creative team.
- Discussing ideas and advertising strategies with clients and assisting them in developing advertising campaigns.
- Presenting creative concepts to clients for approval and making sure they are in line with the client’s brand guidelines.
- Managing the budgets clients allocate toward the advertising campaigns.
- Collaborating with the creative team to design creative campaigns on behalf of the client.
- Ensuring that the creative team completes all projects on time and within budget.
- Addressing issues and delays in the project.
- Delivering the completed project to the client.
- Liaising with clients to organize promotional events that fit in with the goals of the marketing campaign.
Advertising Account Executive Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, or another relevant field.
- At least three year's experience as an advertising account executive or in a related position.
- Excellent understanding of advertising methods and techniques.
- Great ability to manage budgets on behalf of clients.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- The ability to cope with pressure and keep to tight deadlines.
- An outgoing and pleasant personality.
- Be able to work as part of a team of creative staff members.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources