Also known as Advertising Sales Agents, Advertising Sales Representatives sell ad space or air time to businesses and individuals. They solicit new clients and maintain solid working relationships with existing clients to ensure that company sales targets are met.
When interviewing Advertising Sales Representatives, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate a compelling personality, enthusiasm, and strong negotiation skills. Be wary of candidates who have low energy as well as poor communication and customer service skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Advertising Sales Representatives:
1. What strategies do you implement to ensure that sales quotas are met?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, consultative sales skills, and experience.
2. How do you maintain solid working relationships with existing clients?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge as well as communication and customer service skills.
3. How do you know when clients are keen on purchasing advertising space?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, analytical skills, and experience.
4. How would you go about closing a sale with a client who has expressed interest in a competitor's advertising services?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication, negotiation, and customer service skills.
5. What do you look for when researching competitors' advertising products and services?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and analytical skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources