3D Artists work in media production and use illustration and computer software programs to create original animations and graphics. A growing number of 3D Artists work in medical illustration to create 3D images of anatomy for use in research and diagnostics. Fine 3D Artists create sculptures using materials such as clay, wood, and metals.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
3D Artist Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative individual to join our team as a 3D Artist. The responsibilities of the 3D Artist include creating still and moving images using computers, creating 3D models of products, and managing multiple projects while adhering to deadlines.
To be a successful 3D Artist, you should be detail-oriented, flexible, and a good team player. Ultimately, a top-notch 3D Artist is creative and artistic with a strong working knowledge of color, texture, and light as well as industry-standard software.
3D Artist Responsibilities:
- Using 3D modeling, texture, mapping, and other techniques to create graphics, visual effects, and animations.
- Collaborating with Animators and other artists and attending meetings to discuss ongoing projects.
- Understanding the project requirements and conceptualizing creative ideas.
- Creating storyboards to visualize scenes and create a realistic environment for movies, games, and other visual effects.
- Receiving feedback from Directors, Animators, Designers, and clients, and editing your creations based on the comments received.
- Reviewing 3D arts and recommending improvements.
- Creating 3D sculpts and assets to meet artistic standards.
- Troubleshooting any problems that arise during work on a project.
- Meeting with clients, Designers, and Directors to discuss and review projects and deadlines.
3D Artist Requirements:
- Certificate, Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or a related field.
- 3D Artists in Medical illustration must have a working knowledge of Biology.
- A strong portfolio of previous work and completed projects.
- Strong working knowledge of industry-standard software, including 3ds Max, V-Ray, SketchUp, and Maya.
- Excellent creativity and artistic skills.
- An eye for composition, realism, texture, color, and lighting.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Willingness to remain up-to-date on the latest creative software and hardware.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources