Web Technician Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled web technician to manage our web server systems. In this role, you will be responsible for installing and maintaining web server hardware, software, and security. You may also be required to monitor the performance of the network, upgrade hardware systems, and implement back-end solutions for website malfunctions.
To ensure success as a web technician, you should have extensive knowledge of web server architecture, knowledge of web development, and high-level programming skills. A top-class web technician ensures the stability and security of company web servers and responds quickly to site malfunctions.
Web Technician Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and performance-testing existing server systems.
- Installing and maintaining web server hardware and software.
- Optimizing server networks.
- Ensuring the quality of web products and services.
- Troubleshooting network and server failures.
- Proposing and implementing solutions to website malfunctions.
- Monitoring and maintaining website system security.
- Providing technical support.
- Auditing and editing company websites.
- Backing-up web servers and providing recovery options.
Web Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar field.
- Previous work experience as a web technician.
- Advanced knowledge of AWS, CCDD, MCSD, and Oracle APEX.
- Knowledge of web tools including Dreamweaver, FrontPage, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Detailed knowledge of hardware systems including circuit boards, processors, and memory modules.
- Knowledge of network security systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex web and software issues.
- Good communication skills.