Web Technicians install and maintain the software and hardware on company web servers. They are responsible for maintaining the security of the server system, performing system backups, and responding to website malfunctions. They also audit company websites and troubleshoot network failures.
When interviewing Web Technicians, the ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of web server architecture, good problem-solving skills, and detailed knowledge of scripting languages. Be wary of candidates with poor communication skills and those with limited hardware knowledge.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Web Technicians:
1. Why is a Web Technician a key part of the IT team?
Reveals a deeper understanding of the position.
2. What programming languages are you most familiar with?
Highlights areas of expertise.
3. What systems should be put in place to ensure the security of a web server?
Reveals knowledge of information security systems.
4. How would you ensure the company server hardware meets the needs of the software applications?
Reveals knowledge and experience with server hardware.
5. Can you tell me about a time when you identified and solved a problem with a company website?
Reveals previous work experience and highlights the candidate’s skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources