Web consultants develop websites and applications. They consult with clients to determine the scope of website development projects, implement SEO strategies to increase traffic flow to websites, and maintain websites. They may be employed by web design firms and businesses, or work as private consultants.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Web Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking for an innovative web consultant to develop high-quality websites for our clients. You will be collaborating with clients and stakeholders on design preferences, developing webpages and applications, and monitoring the performance established websites.
To ensure success as a web consultant, you should exhibit extensive knowledge of current trends in website design and the ability to incorporate end-user feedback. An accomplished web consultant will be someone whose expertise in website design leads to a prominent and professional online presence.
Web Consultant Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with clients and stakeholders on website design.
- Designing user-friendly and visually appealing interfaces.
- Integrating data, applications, images, videos, and plugins.
- Troubleshooting, testing, and demonstrating website prototypes.
- Incorporating end-user feedback into the website design.
- Performing SEO optimization procedures.
- Maintaining the website by performing Common Gateway Interface (CGI) and code checks.
- Completing the website development project on time and within budget.
- Overseeing the live deployment of the website and enhancing the website's performance.
- Preparing progress updates and documenting website development processes.
- Keeping up to date with developments, technologies, and trends in website design.
Web Consultant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science with coursework in web development, graphic design, software engineering, or similar.
- At least 2 years' experience in website design consultancy.
- In-depth knowledge of new technologies and trends in website design.
- Advance proficiency in code writing and programming languages such as HTML, Java, or PHP.
- Exceptional ability to contribute innovation and creativity to website designs.
- Superb interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management capabilities.
- Keen attention to detail and advanced troubleshooting skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources