Warehouse Helper Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a hard-working and dependable warehouse helper to process all incoming and outgoing merchandise in accordance with company guidelines. The warehouse helper's responsibilities include identifying ways to maximize warehouse storage space, removing warehouse trash on a regular basis, and promptly notifying management of damaged merchandise or equipment. You should also be able to maintain a safe working environment by adhering to company safety regulations at all times.
To be successful as a warehouse helper, you should be knowledgeable of standard warehouse practices and be able to lift or move heavy objects. Ultimately, an outstanding warehouse helper should be able to use various lift equipment in a safe manner and demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
Warehouse Helper Responsibilities:
- Receiving incoming merchandise and verifying that they are undamaged and of sound quality.
- Weighing and counting received items.
- Assisting warehouse staff in retrieving specified merchandise from storage as per the delivery or shipping orders.
- Preparing merchandise for delivery or shipping by packaging and labeling them accordingly.
- Moving all outgoing merchandise to the delivery area.
- Ensuring that all merchandise is properly secured in the delivery vehicles to prevent damage during transit.
- Maintaining accurate records of all incoming and outgoing merchandise.
- Utilizing warehouse lift equipment to load and unload merchandise as well as move, lift, or stack merchandise as needed.
- Organizing warehouse merchandise and stacking them on shelves and racks in accordance with company guidelines.
- Performing all duties necessary to maintain warehouse cleanliness, which includes sweeping, mopping, and dusting as needed.
Warehouse Helper Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A forklift license.
- Proven experience working as a warehouse helper.
- Sound knowledge of standard warehouse practices.
- Proficient in the use of warehouse inventory management software.
- The ability to operate warehouse lift equipment.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good physical stamina.