Vice Presidents (VPs) of Marketing take charge of a company’s marketing team. They handle strategic brand management, review budgets, set goals, conduct market research, and help maintain an appropriate image of the company. VPs of Marketing can work in several industries and typically report to the Director or the President of the company.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
VP of Marketing Job Description Template
We are searching for an innovative VP of Marketing to join our growing company. As the VP of Marketing, you will develop brand and marketing strategies, delegate tasks to the marketing team, set and achieve targets, and establish relationships with the media and clients. You should be able to build relationships with a variety of professionals.
To be successful as a VP of Marketing, you should be a keen multitasker and who thrives in a competitive environment. Outstanding candidates have extensive marketing experience and are able to make decisions under pressure.
VP of Marketing Responsibilities:
- Analyzing existing branding and marketing strategies and improving upon them.
- Leading a capable marketing team and delegating tasks fairly.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and yearly budgets, and allocating resources appropriately.
- Reporting to the company director or the business owner.
- Conducting market research and implementing new strategies based on findings.
- Monitoring industry trends and scheduling meetings to share new information with the team.
- Setting daily, weekly, monthly and yearly targets, and implementing various incentives to ensure they are achieved.
- Closely monitoring competitors’ successes and failures and learning from them.
- Supervising marketing events and launches and using these spaces to network with industry professionals.
- Assisting with the recruitment, training, and onboarding of new staff.
VP of Marketing Requirements:
- BSc in Marketing, Branding, Business, PR, or a similar field.
- Master’s degree may be preferable.
- Extensive experience in a similar role.
- Superb marketing and research skills.
- Knowledge and practical experience with SEO, digital marketing tools, and related software.
- Highly observant and analytical.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to make difficult decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Willingness to travel and work long hours.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources