Interview Questions for VPs of Marketing:
1. How do you ensure marketing costs stay within the budget?
Tests knowledge of budgeting, as well as planning and organizational skills.
2. What do you look for when hiring a new team member?
Demonstrates knowledge of recruitment processes as well as the ability to read people.
3. Describe a time when you were unable to meet a deadline. What did you learn?
Reveals problem-solving and motivational skills and also demonstrates the ability to remain professional.
4. What strategies do you implement to ensure your team meets its goals?
Highlights the ability to set realistic goals and motivate staff to achieve them.
5. Can you describe a successful marketing or brand campaign you developed?
Gauges abilities, knowledge of the role, and overall suitability for the position.