Vice Presidents (VPs) of Marketing are employed in a range of industries where they lead marketing teams. They typically develop brand strategies, prepare budgets, monitor trends, and maintain positive relationships with clients.
When interviewing VPs of Marketing, look for business savvy self-starters. Avoid those with poor communication and people skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for VPs of Marketing:
1. How do you ensure marketing costs stay within the budget?
Tests knowledge of budgeting, as well as planning and organizational skills.
2. What do you look for when hiring a new team member?
Demonstrates knowledge of recruitment processes as well as the ability to read people.
3. Describe a time when you were unable to meet a deadline. What did you learn?
Reveals problem-solving and motivational skills and also demonstrates the ability to remain professional.
4. What strategies do you implement to ensure your team meets its goals?
Highlights the ability to set realistic goals and motivate staff to achieve them.
5. Can you describe a successful marketing or brand campaign you developed?
Gauges abilities, knowledge of the role, and overall suitability for the position.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources