Otherwise known as Volunteer Organizers or Volunteer Coordinators, Volunteer Managers hire and steer the functioning of unremunerated workers. Volunteer Managers frequently work for non-governmental institutes, though state-affiliated positions exist.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Volunteer Manager Job Description Template
We are searching for an enthused Volunteer Manager to champion our Volunteer program. The Volunteer Manager should secure the input of exceptionally committed, unpaid staff, and subsequently direct and monitor their efforts. You should also ensure unfaltering adherence to agreed-upon staffing and budgetary guidelines.
To ensure success as a Volunteer Manager, you should exude approachability, exhibiting cultural sensitivity at all appropriate opportunities. Ultimately, a top-notch Volunteer Manager should continuously endeavor to stretch our program's impact.
Volunteer Manager Responsibilities:
- Sourcing suitably qualified and earnest Volunteers.
- Devising goal-oriented work schedules.
- Assigning routine and ad hoc responsibilities to Volunteers.
- Issuing sound instruction and appropriate mentorship.
- Reviewing Volunteers' performance at scheduled intervals.
- Ensuring compliance with Volunteer-specific and company-wide guidelines.
- Promoting budgetary compliance to preserve our operations.
Volunteer Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Receipt of formal Managerial training is advantageous.
- In-depth Managerial experience, ideally in Volunteer-driven contexts.
- Valid driver's license.
- Well-honed budget management techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A decisive, empathic, and goal-driven disposition.
- Culturally sensitive.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources