Vice presidents of sales, or VPs of sales, are responsible for the sales department of an organization and for leading and directing the sales teams. They motivate the sales staff to meet and exceed their sales goals. VPs of sales also monitor the market to anticipate consumer needs and contribute to the profitability of the organization.
When interviewing VPs of sales, look for candidates with sufficient experience in sales and those who demonstrate a strong understanding of selling strategies and methods. Be wary of those who lack leadership, motivational, and customer service skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Vice Presidents of Sales:
1. How would you approach building a sales team?
Indicates the candidate's leadership and recruiting skills and their understanding of sales team metrics.
2. What would you say is the most important metric for a VP of sales to measure?
Illustrates the candidate's knowledge of sales metrics and methodologies, as well as their critical thinking skills.
3. Describe your involvement in a marketing campaign. What challenges did you face?
Demonstrates the candidate's work experience and their ability to face and overcome challenges.
4. Can you describe a deal that you lost and what you learned from it?
Shows the candidate's ability to learn and grow from their mistakes.
5. Which sales tools do you prefer to avoid and why?
Illustrates the candidate's experience with sales technologies and software.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources