Sales Director Job Description Template
We are looking for a meticulous, detail-oriented sales director to be responsible for directing our sales teams to improve their performance and help them to achieve their goals. The sales director's responsibilities include developing strategic plans, preparing budgets, coordinating sales training programs, directing sales activities, and ensuring the growth of the company's sales. Overall, the sales director looks for ways to increase the company's revenue and sales.
To be a successful sales director, you should be a natural leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate your workforce. You should have excellent communication skills and the ability to create and maintain relationships with current and potential customers.
Sales Director Responsibilities:
- Researching new markets and using the data to forecast sales, set performance goals, review strategies to increase revenue, and set operating budgets.
- Devising and implementing new business initiatives and sales strategies and monitoring their effectiveness.
- Ensuring effective training programs for sales representatives, assigning trained sales representatives to various territories, and setting their sales goals, revenue targets, and key performance indicators.
- Overseeing the company's sales growth by evaluating sales reports and capitalizing on particular products or services.
- Increasing the efficiency of business procedures by meeting with operational and sourcing departments.
- Meeting with sales managers to assess the sales team's performance and overseeing the performance management of underperforming staff members.
- Presenting quarterly and annual sales results to the board.
- Presenting the company's products and services at conferences and events.
- Monitoring the sales activities of competitors and utilizing appropriate ideas.
- Securing large accounts with the national accounts team and negotiating contract agreements with customers.
Sales Director Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, or related field.
- 5 or more years experience in sales and management.
- The ability to meet or exceed targets and goals.
- The willingness to undergo training to become familiar with the company's products and services.
- Strong leadership, managerial, and organizational skills.
- Good communication, presentation, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- The ability to create and maintain good relationships with customers.
- Strong negotiating and sales skills.