The Vice President of a company is usually the second or third in command and supports the President by overseeing internal operations and stepping in when the President is unavailable. The Vice President has a top-level leadership role in a company and oversees department managers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Vice President Job Description Template
We are looking for a meticulous Vice President to play a significant role in managing staff and overseeing departmental operations. The Vice President's responsibilities include overseeing internal operations, helping to build strong customer relationships, maximizing the company's operating performance, and helping to achieve the company's financial goals. The Vice President supports the company's President and must be able to step in when the President is away from the office or otherwise unavailable.
To be a successful Vice President, you should be innovative with strong leadership and managerial skills. You should be motivational, a good public speaker, confident, and goal oriented.
Vice President Responsibilities:
- Assisting the President and the board of directors to design the company's overall mission, values, and strategic goals.
- Attending meetings with the board of directors and sharing company information.
- Leading, guiding, directing, and evaluating the work of other employees, such as Senior Directors and Managers, and ensuring a healthy working environment.
- Contributing to sales innovations, strategic business development, and the profitability of the company as determined by the company's strategic goals.
- Evaluating the success of the company in achieving its goals and formulating plans to correct any issues if the company is not achieving its goals.
- Managing the daily operations and revenue generation of the company and ensuring its continual growth.
- Assisting in maximizing the company's operating performance and achieving its financial goals.
- Assisting in managing the company's finances, identifying ways to increase revenue and decrease costs, analyzing financial reports, and preparing operating budgets.
- Signing documents and making commitments for which the company is legally liable.
- Maintaining awareness of competitors, expansion opportunities, customers, markets, and new industry developments and standards.
Vice President Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- 5 or more years' experience in a managerial role.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, public speaking, and leadership skills.
- An innovative and motivational mentality.
- Excellent management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Confident and goal oriented.
- Current working knowledge of the industry and the willingness to maintain your knowledge.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources