Vice Presidents support company Presidents by overseeing internal operations, assisting with financial management, monitoring staff, and stepping in when the President is unavailable. Vice Presidents can also sign documents and make commitments for which the company is legally liable.
When interviewing Vice Presidents, look for candidates who demonstrate excellent leadership and decision-making skills, as well as strong confidence levels. Take note of candidates who lack strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Interview Questions for Vice Presidents:
1. What are some major challenges in the future of the industry?
Demonstrates candidates' current industry knowledge as well as analytical skills.
2. What methods do you use to oversee multiple departments and ensure your work is error free?
Demonstrates candidates' organizational and management skills, as well as their attention to detail.
3. Can you describe a time when you have had to deliver negative feedback?
Demonstrates candidates' communication and interpersonal skills, as well as their ability to handle pressure.
4. When entering this position, what would be your top three priorities and how would you tackle them?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of the company and the position, as well as their analytical skills.
5. What do you think is key to maintaining a healthy work environment?
Demonstrates candidates' leadership skills and their ability to motivate their staff.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources