Ushers welcome guests and direct them to their seats at a variety of functions such as sporting events, theatre shows, and music concerts. They check tickets, provide audience members with programs, and tend to their comfort and safety. They also assist patrons in finding the restrooms, food and beverage facilities, and exits.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Usher Job Description Template
We are seeking a diligent usher to welcome and tend to our guests. As an usher, you will be required to check patrons' tickets, assign their seats, and provide guests with information such as program details and the location of the restrooms, refreshments, and emergency exits.
To be a successful usher, you should have a pleasant demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills. A top-notch usher should be able to easily identify guests' needs and provide exceptional customer service.
- Welcoming guests in a polite and friendly manner.
- Checking and scanning tickets and directing guests to their seats.
- Distributing programs, brochures, and other materials.
- Informing guests about the location of the restrooms, refreshments, and exits.
- Tending to guests' comfort and assisting them with any questions or problems.
- Assisting patrons with disabilities or other impairments, as needed.
- Monitoring the guests' activity to ensure the safety of the event.
- Enforcing event rules and relevant health and safety regulations.
- Ensuring that the lobby and facilities are neat and organized.
- Following all emergency protocols and guiding audience members to the exits in an orderly manner.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year's experience as an usher or similar preferred.
- Consistent professional and neat presentation and friendly demeanor.
- The ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- The ability to manage crowds and remain calm in stressful situations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Willingness to work on weekends and public holidays.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources