Ushers greet and welcome guests at a variety of entertainment and sporting events and guide patrons to their seats. They scan and check tickets, provide audience members with information, tend to their comfort and safety, and ensure that the lobby and facilities are neat and presentable.
When interviewing ushers, strong candidates will be highly organized and have excellent interpersonal skills. Be wary of candidates who lack attention to detail or the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Ushers:
1. What skills and personality traits would make you suitable for this role?
Assesses the candidate's attitude and aptitude.
2. How would you assist an elderly patron with finding the refreshment stand?
Tests the candidate's interpersonal skills.
3. How would you keep a clear head when managing large crowds?
Evaluates the candidate's organizational skills and ability to remain calm under pressure.
4. How would you manage a seating conflict between guests at an event?
Explores the candidate's problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities.
5. In the event of an emergency, how would you remain calm and assist guests in finding the exits?
Examines the candidate's ability to perform in stressful situations.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources