Event Staff Interview Questions:
1. What is your approach to handling multitasking?
Candidates should describe how they utilize excellent time management skills to ensure that no duty is overlooked.
2. How would you ensure you adhere to safety standards?
Candidates should describe how they would ensure that they understand the rules regarding safety and apply them, including ensuring that there are open spaces at the end of seating rows in the event of a fire, for example.
3. What, in your opinion, is the most important quality in an event staff worker?
Candidates should list good interpersonal and organizational skills as essential attributes in an event staff worker.
4. How would you manage conflict at an event?
Candidates should describe how they would utilize their communication skills to listen to both parties, calm the situation and report all conflict to their superiors.
5. Describe a time when you made a mistake in your duties. How did you rectify it?
Candidates should acknowledge the importance of diligence in their role and how oversight can lead to logistical problems for an event. Look for stories where candidates erred, rectified their error and learned a valuable lesson from the experience.