Upholsterers are responsible for designing, constructing, and repairing upholstery for home furniture, car interiors, and aircraft seats. They discuss design ideas with the client or design agent and upholster items using hand and machine tools.
When interviewing Upholsterers, suitable candidates will have excellent knowledge of modern upholstery techniques, a good eye for detail, and ability to visualize design concepts. Be wary of candidates with poor hand strength and those who are not able to work standing, kneeling, or crouching for extended periods.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Upholsterers:
1. What made you want to work as an Upholsterer?
Demonstrates the candidate’s personal character and natural abilities.
2. What information should you have before designing upholstery templates?
Demonstrates the candidate’s communication and design skills.
3. How do you manage your workload for the day?
Demonstrates the candidate’s time-management skills.
4. How would you ensure the final product meets the specifications of the client or the design agent?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to visualize designs and work to achieve a high-quality product.
5. What was the most intricate upholstery job you completed in your previous work?
Demonstrates previous work experience and highlights the candidate’s upholstery skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources