Also known as Furniture Finishers, Wood Finishers shape, restore, and finish furniture and wooden items to the desired color and style. They mainly work for furniture manufacturing companies, restoration companies, and antique stores.
When interviewing Wood Finishers, the ideal candidate will have a passion for woodworking, excellent hand-eye coordination, and display strong attention to detail. Be wary of candidates with poor communication skills and those who are not able to lift heavy objects.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Wood Finishers:
1. What skills do you think wood finishers need to be successful?
Reveals an understanding of the role and highlights the candidate’s skills.
2. What techniques do you use to analyze the health and structure of wood?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of woodworking.
3. How do you deal with clients who don’t know what they want?
Demonstrates the candidate’s communication skills.
4. Have you ever finished a product the client was not happy with? Why was the client not happy?
Demonstrates honesty and highlights the candidate’s problem-solving skills.
5. What was the most difficult restoration and finishing job you completed in your previous work?
Reveals previous work experience and highlights the candidate’s skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources