Wood Finishers, also known as Furniture Finishers, shape and finish furniture and other wood products to the desired color and finish. Wood Finishers may be employed by a furniture manufacturing company or work independently to restore and finish damaged and second-hand items.
Wood Finisher Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled Wood Finisher to shape, finish, and restore our customers' products. As a Wood Finisher, you will be required to examine the product, identify damaged areas, disassemble the basic parts, and smooth or shape the wood. You will also be required to apply finishing lubricants to achieve the desired color and design.
To ensure success as a Wood Finisher, you should have advanced woodworking skills, good knowledge of finishing techniques, and a good eye for detail. A top-class Wood Finisher expertly restores and finishes wooden items to meet the needs of the client.
Wood Finisher Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the customer to discuss finishing and color requirements.
- Disassembling the furniture or wooden item.
- Inspecting the wood for rot and physical damage.
- Repairing broken parts, removing imperfections, and filling in cracks.
- Removing old finishings and excess solvent.
- Sanding and smoothing the item in preparation for finishing.
- Selecting and applying finishing lubricants such as varnish, stains, or shellac.
- Replacing or refurbishing upholstery.
- Inspecting the refurbished product and completing job reports.
Wood Finisher Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certificate in Woodworking Technology.
- Previous experience as a Wood Finisher.
- Strong attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of staining and finishing techniques.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Advanced design skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources