Unarmed Security Guards maintain a safe and secure environment at businesses, organizations, and residential properties. They patrol premises, perform access control, and investigate disturbances. They also monitor alarm systems and video surveillance cameras.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Unarmed Security Guard Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated and alert Unarmed Security Guard to manage the security and safety of our premises. In this role, your duties will include performing access control, monitoring security equipment, and patrolling the premises. You will also need to alert law enforcement agents of security breaches.
To ensure success, Unarmed Security Guards should demonstrate experience in a similar role and the ability to assess security concerns. A top-notch Unarmed Security Guard will be someone who can be relied upon to take proactive steps in maintaining a safe and secure environment.
Unarmed Security Guard Responsibilities:
- Preventing illegal or inappropriate actions by maintaining a high visibility presence.
- Performing access control procedures on vehicles, personnel, and visitors.
- Patrolling the buildings, facilities, and perimeters of the premises.
- Informing personnel and visitors of security procedures, as well as acting upon non-compliance.
- Monitoring alarm systems and video surveillance systems.
- Investigating suspicious activities and disturbances.
- Immediately reporting security breaches to designated law enforcement agents.
- Performing maintenance checks on security systems and equipment.
- Documenting observations and surveillance activities.
- Adhering to security industry regulations.
Unarmed Security Guard Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- State-prescribed training, licensing, and registration.
- A minimum of two years experience in a similar role preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of deterring illegal activity and performing access control.
- In-depth knowledge of security systems and surveillance equipment.
- Knowledge of security industry regulations.
- Experience in documenting security procedures and observations.
- Advanced ability to respond to security breaches and threats.
- Ability to inform personnel and visitors of security procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources