Also known as a Security Officer, Security Guards are responsible for protecting property or individuals by patrolling and acting as access control for visitors.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Security Guard Job Description Template
We are looking for a fit and attentive Security Guard to ensure that our property is protected. The Security Guard is responsible for recording the names of visitors, patrolling the property and apprehending any trespassers.
To be successful as a Security Guard you must be alert and professional. A good Security Guard is aware of all visitors to the property and ensures that no inappropriate actions take place.
Security Guard Responsibilities:
- Ensure that guests sign in upon arrival and exit.
- Make guests aware of rules that must be adhered to.
- Remove trespassers or unwanted individuals from the property.
- Contact the relevant authorities if a crime is committed or an accident occurs.
- Report to supervisors on a regular basis.
- Record any suspicious activities to the supervisor.
Security Guard Requirements:
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- A qualification in security training.
- Basic first aid skills would be advantageous.
- Physical strength and fitness.
- Prior experience as a Security Guard would be advantageous.
- Attention to detail.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources