Armed Security Officers are trained and licensed to carry weapons, which they may use when the people or locations to which they are assigned are under extreme duress. Armed Security Officers are also known as Armed Guards.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Armed Security Officer Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced and reliable Armed Security Officer to join our company. Armed Security Officers are responsible for protecting designated people and places, and should report noteworthy incidents to the company as they occur. You should also ensure that safety equipment remains in excellent working order.
To be successful as an Armed Security Officer, you should be able to exercise discretion regarding the use of your weapon. Ultimately, an outstanding Armed Security Officer will seek to expand their self-defense and weapons training beyond the mandatory level.
Armed Security Officer Responsibilities:
- Protecting stipulated people and locations from harassment, physical attack, vandalism, and other forms of abusive or unauthorized treatment.
- Ensuring that your weapon is well maintained and secure at all times.
- Utilizing your weapon in times of extreme attack, when non-violent options have been exhausted.
- Attending refresher training in weapons use, if applicable.
- Completing and submitting incident reports after noteworthy developments.
- Recording the details of each person who visits the facility, if applicable.
- Ensuring that security equipment and measures are suitable, and that they remain in excellent working condition at all times.
- Implementing new security measures, if required.
- Ensuring that your uniform remains clean and well-maintained, and that you wear it while on duty.
Armed Security Officer Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Prior experience as an Armed Security Officer.
- Relevant weapons license and training.
- Clear criminal record.
- Strong commitment to the well-being of others.
- Excellent decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently, particularly when under duress.
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Capacity to work on your feet for extended periods.
- Ability to work morning, evening, and night shifts.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources