Security Officers monitor an organization's premises, assets, personnel, and visitors for suspicious behavior and security breaches.
The most suitable candidate will demonstrate strong observation skills and keen knowledge of public safety and security procedures. Avoid candidates who lack good judgment and have a tendency to overreact.
Interview Questions for Security Officers:
1. Can you describe an incident in which you responded to a security breach?
This reveals the candidate's work experience.
2. What relevant certifications do you have?
This shows the candidate's qualifications for the job. Look for candidates who have a current state registration as a Security Officer, are First Aid and CPR certified, and have completed a self-defense course.
3. What surveillance and control systems are you familiar with?
This demonstrates the candidate's training and knowledge of security systems and controls.
4. How do you decide on the best course of action when you identify a security breach?
This demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of security procedures and the ability to remain calm and exercise good judgment in potentially dangerous situations.
5. What details do you include in activity logs and incident reports?
This shows the candidate's training and knowledge of standard security procedures.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources