Transportation Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced transportation manager to be responsible for overseeing the logistics of our company's transportation-related activities. In this role, you'll be keeping track of transportation operations and ensuring that all policies, procedures, and safety rules are followed.
To be a successful transportation manager, you should possess exceptional leadership skills and maintain the company's high standard of customer service. Ultimately, a top-notch transportation manager should be able to display extensive knowledge of transportation management systems and have excellent analytical skills.
Transportation Manager Responsibilities:
- Directing activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking of transportation vehicles, aircraft, or railroad cars.
- Planning, organizing, and managing subordinate staff members to ensure work is completed and consistent with the company's standards.
- Directing investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
- Collaborating with staff members to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures as well as company revenue goals and customer service objectives.
- Arranging repairs and routine maintenance of transportation vehicles.
- Complying with transportation-related policies, as well as safety rules, union contracts, and government regulations.
- Promoting safe work activities by conducting safety audits, and attending company safety meetings.
Transportation Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, business management, engineering, or related field.
- At least 2 years experience as a transportation manager in a similar industry.
- Solid knowledge of the transportation industry and logistics.
- Experience working with union contracts and transportation-related government regulations.
- Critical thinking skills and knowledge of analytics.
- Experience working with transport management systems and warehouse management software, such as FreightPath and Infoplus.
- Ability to work well with team members and navigate stressful situations.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good conflict resolution skills.