Transportation managers are responsible for directing and overseeing transportation-related operations within an organization. Their duties include managing staff that assists with transportation activities such as dispatching, routing, and tracking. Transportation managers also ensure that staff members comply with safety rules and regulations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Transportation Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced transportation manager to be responsible for overseeing the logistics of our company's transportation-related activities. In this role, you'll be keeping track of transportation operations and ensuring that all policies, procedures, and safety rules are followed.
To be a successful transportation manager, you should possess exceptional leadership skills and maintain the company's high standard of customer service. Ultimately, a top-notch transportation manager should be able to display extensive knowledge of transportation management systems and have excellent analytical skills.
Transportation Manager Responsibilities:
- Directing activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking of transportation vehicles, aircraft, or railroad cars.
- Planning, organizing, and managing subordinate staff members to ensure work is completed and consistent with the company's standards.
- Directing investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
- Collaborating with staff members to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures as well as company revenue goals and customer service objectives.
- Arranging repairs and routine maintenance of transportation vehicles.
- Complying with transportation-related policies, as well as safety rules, union contracts, and government regulations.
- Promoting safe work activities by conducting safety audits, and attending company safety meetings.
Transportation Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, business management, engineering, or related field.
- At least two years' experience as a transportation manager in a similar industry.
- Solid knowledge of the transportation industry and logistics.
- Experience working with union contracts and transportation-related government regulations.
- Critical thinking skills and knowledge of analytics.
- Experience working with transport management systems and warehouse management software, such as FreightPath and Infoplus.
- Ability to work well with team members and navigate stressful situations.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources