Also known as a Telemarketer, Call Center Representative, or Telephone Sales Representative, a Telesales Representative is responsible for generating sales or donations over the telephone. A Telesales Representative contacts businesses and private individuals and reads from a predetermined script to solicit sales or donations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Telesales Representative Job Description Template
We are looking for a well-spoken Telesales Representative to be resonsible for soliciting sales and donations over the telephone. The Telesales Representative's responsibilities include contacting potential customers, reading from a prescribed script, focusing on cutomer needs to close sales, and documenting customer information, purchases, and reactions.
A successful Telesales Representative has excellent communication skills as well as sales ability. You should be meticulous in keeping records, and able to handle all aspects of making a sale.
Telesales Representative Responsibilities:
- Initiating sales with potential customers over the phone.
- Asking questions to engage customers and keep the conversation going.
- Listening to the customers' needs to generate repeat sales.
- Gathering and documenting customer information, payment methods, purchases, and reactions to products.
- Keeping up to date on all products and informing customers of new products.
- Answering customers' questions on the products.
- Meeting sales quotas.
Telesales Representative Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creative thinking skills.
- The patience and ability to engage customers in conversation.
- Good sales ability.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- The ability to handle rejection and stress in soliciting customers.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources