Technical Support Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a well-organized technical support Analyst to provide front-line IT support to all our customers. Your primary function will be to answer support tickets and assist with whatever technical issues the client may be facing. You may be required to travel to the client’s location to sort out hardware and peripheral issues or connect via remote logon to solve minor software problems.
To ensure success as a technical support analyst, you should have in-depth knowledge of hardware and software systems, high-level interpersonal skills, and the ability to solve complex IT issues. Ultimately, a top-notch technical support analyst can easily identify and solve technical issues on-site and via remote access.
Technical Support Analyst Responsibilities:
- Responding to technical support tickets.
- Talking directly to the customer to determine the nature of the technical issue.
- Connecting to the customer’s computer system via remote access.
- Traveling to the customer’s office or server location for hardware and network malfunctions.
- Identifying the nature of the hardware, software, or networking issue.
- Providing the customer with resolution choices.
- Installing new hardware systems, software upgrades, or networking cables.
- Fixing any software or hardware issues.
- Providing minor technical or operational training.
- Completing IT support logs.
Technical Support Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science.
- 3 years of work experience as an IT or desktop support technician.
- Familiarity with networking systems and protocols.
- Knowledge of remote desktop support systems including TeamViewer.
- In-depth knowledge of computer hardware systems, routers, and peripherals.
- Knowledge of operating systems, office software, enterprise software, and server systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel when required.