Interview Questions for Technical Support Analysts:
1. What skills do you think technical support analysts need to be successful?
Reveals the candidate’s character and IT skills.
2. What information should you gather when diagnosing an IT issue?
Demonstrates the candidate’s analytical and communication skills.
3. How would you decide which support tickets should be serviced via remote access and which require hands-on support?
Demonstrates the candidate’s understanding of IT support best practices.
4. What would you do if you could not resolve a hardware or networking issue for a client?
Reveals the candidate’s troubleshooting skills and willingness to ask for assistance.
5. What was the most technically challenging IT issue you resolved in your previous work?
Reveals more about the candidate’s previous work experience and skills.