Interview Questions for Technical Sales Representatives:
1. What system do you use to organize and maintain client information and sales?
Determines the candidate’s organization skills, interest in following up with clients, and determination to keep accurate records.
2. How do you deal with a client who is disappointed with a product you sold?
Tests the candidate’s level of professionalism, interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain strong customer relationships.
3. What are the key elements that inform your decision to use a technical product?
Evaluates the candidate's enthusiasm for keeping in touch with product knowledge.
4. How would you go about expanding sales in a particular area?
Assesses the candidate’s planning abilities and enthusiasm to reach and exceed sales targets.
5. If your client chooses an inferior, but cheaper, product, how do you persuade them not to?
Reveals the candidate's product knowledge and sales ability.