Interview Questions for Technical Sales Engineers:
1. What is the first thing you do when your company releases a new product?
Highlights candidate’s preparation methods, as well as their research, planning, and organizational skills.
2. A client is very upset because their product isn’t working. How do you proceed?
Reveals after-sales service, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to remain professional.
3. How would you go about expanding a sales territory?
Shows in-depth knowledge of sales and networking techniques, as well as planning, research, and problem-solving skills.
4. Can you describe a time when you provided excellent customer service?
Tests communication and customer service skills.
5. Think of a product that does not work well. Which aspects of it would you alter?
Tests the ability to identify problems and make recommendations for improvement.