Technical Sales Engineers are employed in various sectors to sell technical products. They deal with clients directly, explaining all technical aspects of a product in simple terms and also providing customer support. They work closely with product engineers and may travel to exhibitions and conferences.
When interviewing Technical Sales Engineers, the best candidates will demonstrate superb technical and sales knowledge, as well as strong interpersonal abilities. Be wary of those who have trouble multitasking and display poor communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Technical Sales Engineers:
1. What is the first thing you do when your company releases a new product?
Highlights candidate’s preparation methods, as well as their research, planning, and organizational skills.
2. A client is very upset because their product isn’t working. How do you proceed?
Reveals after-sales service, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to remain professional.
3. How would you go about expanding a sales territory?
Shows in-depth knowledge of sales and networking techniques, as well as planning, research, and problem-solving skills.
4. Can you describe a time when you provided excellent customer service?
Tests communication and customer service skills.
5. Think of a product that does not work well. Which aspects of it would you alter?
Tests the ability to identify problems and make recommendations for improvement.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources