Sometimes called Engineering Technologists, Technical Engineers help the Engineering team complete projects. They are involved in testing, design, and planning, and may also perform investigations and quality control. Technical Engineers ensure overall efficient operations and project execution.
When interviewing Technical Engineers, look for candidates who demonstrate excellent customer service and active listening skills. Be wary of those who struggle to work in a team and lack natural curiosity.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Technical Engineers:
1. Can you describe a time when you made a project run more efficiently?
Tests analyzing, problem-solving, and project management skills.
2. Describe a time when you discovered a workplace hazard. What did you do?
Tests knowledge of health and safety regulations, as well as the ability to think rationally in tense situations.
3. Can you explain how you might prioritize daily tasks?
Reveals planning, organizational, and time management skills.
4. Describe a time when a project did not go according to plan. What did you learn?
Tests planning skills and willingness to learn. Also highlights potentially weak areas.
5. What do you hope to contribute to our company during your time here?
Reveals the candidate’s potential and their long and short-term goals.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources