Tattoo Artist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled tattoo artist to create quality tattoos for clients. The tattoo artist's responsibilities include consulting with clients to specifically design tattoos based on their ideas, performing allergy tests, and sterilizing work areas immediately after each tattoo application. You should also be able to sterilize all nondisposable tattoo equipment between tattoo application sessions.
To be successful as a tattoo artist, you should stay abreast of the latest tattoo trends. Ultimately, an exceptional tattoo artist should be able to successfully modify clients' existing tattoos.
Tattoo Artist Responsibilities:
- Scheduling appointments with clients and discussing pricing.
- Shaving various areas of clients' bodies in preparation for tattoo applications.
- Cleaning various areas of clients’ skin using antibacterial soap.
- Advising clients on tattoo size, color, and suitable placement.
- Carefully listening to clients in order to understand their tattoo ideas.
- Showing clients tattoo designs if they don’t have any in mind.
- Stenciling the chosen designs onto clients’ skin and using a tattoo gun to create permanent designs.
- Covering recently tattooed areas with sterile dressings.
- Providing clients with instructions on how to care for newly tattooed areas.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment by adhering to state and federal health regulations.
Tattoo Artist Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- State tattoo license.
- Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) certificate.
- CPR training.
- A well-presented portfolio.
- Proven experience tattooing in a tattoo studio.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented and artistic.