A Tableau Developer creates computer system and data visualization solutions to improve business procedures. Tableau Developers create Tableau dashboard reports, collaborate with other developers, and attend feedback sessions to improve systems.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Tableau Developer Job Description Template
We are looking for a Tableau Developer to work with the Business and IT teams. The responsibilities of a Tableau Developer include creating technical solutions, creating data storage tools, and conducting tests.
To be successful as a Tableau Developer, you should have a broad understanding of the business technology landscape, the ability to design reports, and strong analytical skills. Ultimately, a top-notch Tableau Developer should have an aptitude for using computers, strong written and verbal communication, and proficiency in reporting analysis tools.
Tableau Developer Responsibilities:
- Developing, maintaining, and managing advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions.
- Performing and documenting data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
- Reviewing and improving existing systems and collaborating with teams to integrate new systems.
- Conducting unit tests and developing database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues.
- Creating tools to store data within the organization.
Tableau Developer Requirements:
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Relevant work experience.
- A solid understanding of SQL, rational databases, and normalization.
- Proficiency in use of query and reporting analysis tools.
- Competency in Excel (macros, pivot tables, etc.)
- Extensive experience in developing, maintaining and managing Tableau driven dashboards & analytics and working knowledge of Tableau administration/architecture.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources