Tableau Developer Job Description Template
We are looking for a tableau developer to work with the business and IT teams. The responsibilities of a tableau developer include creating technical solutions, creating data storage tools, and conducting tests.
To be successful as a tableau developer, you should have a broad understanding of the business technology landscape, the ability to design reports, and strong analytical skills. Ultimately, a top-notch tableau developer should have an aptitude for using computers, strong written and verbal communication, and proficiency in reporting analysis tools.
Tableau Developer Responsibilities:
- Developing, maintaining, and managing advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions.
- Performing and documenting data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
- Reviewing and improving existing systems and collaborating with teams to integrate new systems.
- Conducting unit tests and developing database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues.
- Creating tools to store data within the organization.
Tableau Developer Requirements:
- Degree in mathematics, computer science, information systems, or related field.
- Relevant work experience.
- A solid understanding of SQL, rational databases, and normalization.
- Proficiency in use of query and reporting analysis tools.
- Competency in Excel (macros, pivot tables, etc.)
- Extensive experience in developing, maintaining and managing Tableau driven dashboards & analytics and working knowledge of Tableau administration/architecture.