Interview Questions for Support Engineers:
1. Which software have you found works best to manage customer queries efficiently?
Reveals the candidate's experience and knowledge of CRM and helpdesk software solutions.
2. A customer reports an unresponsive application in Windows. How do you assist?
Tests the candidate's knowledge and experience of resolving operating system issues.
3. Can you share customer feedback you've escalated to software developers?
Highlights which errors the candidate is unable to resolve and which they deem relevant to escalate.
4. A customer calls you with application installation issues. How do you respond?
Evaluates interpersonal skills and their ability to resolve IT issues.
5. Can you tell me about a time you dealt with a demanding customer? What happened?
Assesses the candidate's communication skills, as well as their ability to respond appropriately.