Strategic sourcing managers evaluate and optimize sourcing strategies. They analyze and forecast procurement spending, establish strong sourcing partnerships, and negotiate cost-effective supplier contracts.
When interviewing strategic sourcing managers, look for candidates who possess in-depth industry knowledge and the ability to negotiate favorable supplier contracts. Avoid candidates with limited proficiency in sourcing software and those who lack leadership skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Strategic Sourcing Managers:
1. Can you describe how you create supplier cost estimates?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge and their ability to effectively estimate and forecast supplier costs.
2. In your opinion, how could sourcing processes be made more cost-effective?
Assesses the candidate's strategic sourcing knowledge and their ability to implement cost-saving measures.
3. Which terms should supplier contracts include to prevent escalating costs?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience in assessing supplier contracts, and their ability to negotiate favorable contractual terms.
4. Which software do you recommend to manage strategic sourcing? Why?
Tests the candidate's knowledge and proficiency in industry-related software that streamlines sourcing processes and enables access to information.
5. Can you tell me about a time when you negotiated a great supplier contract?
Highlights the candidate's strategic sourcing knowledge and experience, as well as their ability to negotiate favorable contractual terms.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources