Steamfitter Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced steamfitter to join our company. In this role, you'll work on construction sites to plan, build, and attach piping systems that will hold high-pressure liquids or gases. You'll also be responsible for testing pipe systems and servicing outdated pipes.
To ensure success as a steamfitter, you should have excellent analytical skills and the ability to accurately measure and match pipe fittings to ensure systems run smoothly. Ultimately, a top-notch steamfitter should pay meticulous attention to detail, and display strong problem-solving skills to identify areas of improvement in pipe systems.
- Developing, planning, and sketching the layout of pipe systems for a construction site.
- Providing a rough cost estimate for the materials and installation of pipe systems.
- Building and installing pipes and ensuring they are securely attached to a wall or structure.
- Working with hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for heating and cooling systems.
- Testing pipe systems to ensure they are working correctly.
- Inspecting and servicing outdated pipes.
- Repairing leaks and replacing thermostats and valves where needed.
- Communicating with supervisors and relaying information about piping systems to clients.
- Following all safety procedures and standards to maintain a safe work environment.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A certificate in welding, plumbing, or a similar field.
- A state license in steamfitting.
- An apprenticeship in pipefitting or plumbing is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year's experience as a steamfitter, welder, or plumber.
- Excellent working knowledge of high-pressure steam systems, welding, and plumbing.
- Strong maths, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Physical stamina, dexterity, and the ability to perform tasks such as crawling, squatting, stretching, and lifting heavy equipment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.