Speech Language Pathologists work in the healthcare sector where they diagnose and treat communication and swallowing disorders. They often collaborate with other professionals when treating patients.
When interviewing Speech Language Pathologists, look for caring individuals who enjoy helping others. Avoid those with poor decision-making skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Speech Language Pathologists:
1. What has been the highlight of your career so far?
Reveals the candidate’s areas of interest, motivations, and may also reveal notable strengths and weaknesses.
2. Can you describe the most challenging patient that you have treated?
Tests the ability to maintain professionalism when dealing with difficult patients.
3. Can you describe how you would go about developing a treatment plan?
Demonstrates screening and diagnostic techniques, as well as organizational and planning skills.
4. A patient is feeling really despondent. How do you motivate them?
Highlights interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to motivate patients.
5. How will this job help you to reach your ultimate career goals?
Shows the candidate's potential, long and short-term goals, plus their overall suitability for the position.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources