Special Effects Makeup Artist Job Description Template
We are searching for a highly skilled special effects makeup artist who will bring a creative and experienced edge to our SFX makeup department. In this role, you will assist the key makeup artist in the ideation, design, and application of SFX makeup on actors, characters, and stunt doubles.
To ensure success as a special effects makeup artist, you should be a master of makeup artistry, passionate about special effects, and meticulous in your work. A top-notch special effects makeup artist will be skilled at all kinds of SFX makeup and bring eye-popping realism through the medium of special effects makeup.
Special Effects Makeup Artist Responsibilities:
- Going over briefs, scripts, and other materials.
- Coming up with SFX makeup ideas and problem-solving makeup issues.
- Determining themes, styles, and color palettes for projects.
- Applying SFX makeup to actors, extras, and other people.
- Designing molds and prosthetics for SFX.
- Casting body parts for molding.
- Ensuring that all SFX makeup in the working environment is consistent.
- Creating and fitting intricate wigs and hairpieces.
- Testing out different makeup coloring ideas to match specific actors and scenes.
- Sourcing materials and supplies to create your SFX pieces.
Special Effects Makeup Artist Requirements:
- High-school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification as a makeup artist or as an SFX makeup artist.
- An extensive portfolio of previous SFX makeup work.
- Knowledge of intricate makeup designs.
- Ability to style hair and wigs.
- Up to date on the latest SFX trends, tools, and practices.
- A creative outlook and focus.
- Lots of energy and passion for makeup and visual aesthetics.
- Ability to work in different environments.
- Must be able to travel when required.