Costume designers work for film, television, or theater productions to create character outfits. They meet with the production team and directors to interpret the script, conduct research, and execute the design and construction of character costumes.
When interviewing costume designers, the best candidates will have a strong portfolio of work and excellent time management skills. Be wary of candidates who are unable to work under pressure or lack strong communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Costume Designers:
1. What type of productions have you designed costumes for?
Assesses the candidate's work experience.
2. What questions would you ask a director to ensure you understand their vision?
Explore's the candidate's attention to detail and interpretive skills.
3. What are the most important aspects to research when working on a period piece?
Examines the candidate's experience and researching abilities.
4. How do you ensure that you are able to meet tight deadlines?
Evaluates the candidate's organizational and time management skills.
5. What was your most technically challenging costume to design?
Reveals the candidate's experience, strengths, and technical abilities.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources