Software project managers draw up the blueprints for software and web projects and break down the elements needed to complete the project, such as assigning tasks, producing a timeline, and developing checkpoints for progress. Software project managers oversee software projects and the people working on them, from start to finish.
When interviewing software project managers, look for candidates who demonstrate excellent technical knowledge with experience in project management. Be wary of candidates who lack leadership and communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Software Project Managers:
1. Can you describe a problem in project management that you faced and overcame?
Illustrates the candidate's past work experience and problem-solving skills.
2. What are some examples of tests that you developed for a software project?
Shows the candidate's experience with project management and their technical knowledge of product evaluation.
3. What project management tools have you found most useful in your work?
Indicates the candidate's understanding of project management and its related tools.
4. What methods would you use to manage a remote team?
Demonstrates the candidate's critical thinking skills and their experience with remote project management tools.
5. What would you do if a client requested a big change in the middle of a project?
Indicates the candidate's problem-solving, critical thinking, and customer service skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources