SharePoint Developers design and develop SharePoint websites using SharePoint designer or web UI developing tools. SharePoint is a highly configurable document management and storage system that integrates with Microsoft Office. SharePoint developers are tasked with creating customized SharePoint solutions for front-end use.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
SharePoint Developer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a talented SharePoint Developer to create customized SharePoint solutions for our company. As a SharePoint Developer, you will be responsible for configuring and customizing SharePoint systems according to company specifications, building scalable web applications, writing and modifying code, debugging software, and training staff.
To ensure success as a SharePoint Developer, you should have extensive knowledge of SharePoint and MS Office software, proficiency with front-end programming languages, and the ability to solve complex software issues. Ultimately, a top-class SharePoint Developer can create clean, scalable SharePoint websites that meet all company design and functionality requirements.
SharePoint Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the design team to review website and application requirements.
- Setting tasks and development goals.
- Configuring the company SharePoint systems to specified requirements.
- Developing new web components using XML, .NET, SQL, and C#.
- Designing, coding, and implementing scalable applications.
- Extending SharePoint functionality with forms, web parts, and application technologies.
- Testing and debugging code.
- Reviewing website interface and software stability.
- Troubleshooting software issues.
- Maintaining and updating SharePoint applications.
- Providing systems training to staff and customers.
SharePoint Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- MOSS or WSS certification.
- Previous experience as a SharePoint Developer.
- Extensive knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, and .NET Frameworks.
- High-level coding skills.
- Ability to solve complex software issues.
- Ability to project manage.
- Detail orientated.
- Self motivated.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources