Interview Questions for Set Designers:
1. Can you describe the most interesting set you have worked on so far?
Reveals candidates’ interests, passions, and highlights their strengths.
2. Describe a time when you met a tight deadline. How did you manage your time?
Tests time management, planning, and organizational skills. Also reveals candidates’ ability to focus under pressure.
3. How would you go about creating a set for a mysterious scene?
Reveals more about candidates’ creative process.
4. You have worked hard on a project but the director is not happy. What do you do?
Highlights candidates’ resilience and their ability to process feedback professionally.
5. What are the three most important skills you have learned in your career so far?
Shows candidates’ experience, skill level, and their knowledge of the role.