Service desk analysts assess the performance of IT systems and provide end-user support. They monitor the efficiency and functionality of IT technologies, resolve IT issues reported by clients and personnel, and make recommendations to enhance the performance of IT systems.
When interviewing service desk analysts, look for candidates who possess exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to contribute to IT system optimization. Be wary of candidates with limited knowledge of recent advancements in IT and those with poor interpersonal skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Service Desk Analysts:
1. Can you describe your approach to prioritizing IT support requests?
Assesses the candidate's IT support experience and their ability to prioritize workflow efficiently.
2. How do you ensure that end-users have quick and easy access to IT support?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of training needs and their ability to provide suitable end-user support.
3. Can you explain what your system maintenance schedule would involve?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of system maintenance and their ability to ensure uninterrupted IT services.
4. In your experience, what is the best way to stay updated with new technologies?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge of appropriate resources and opportunities to keep abreast of advancements in IT and their ability to drive innovation.
5. Can you tell me about a time when you resolved a complex IT issue?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge and experience, as well as their approach to problem-solving.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources