Senior Web Developers design, build, and optimize websites and other online applications. They are familiar with programming languages and SEO best practices, and often work with a team of junior web developers. They may be employed by a company or work on a freelance basis.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Senior Web Developer Job Description Template
We are looking for a reliable, detail-orientated Senior Web Developer to join our company. The Senior Web Developer's responsibilities include communicating with clients to determine website specifications, creating schedules and providing quotes, writing code, working with a team of designers and content writers, as well as assisting with recruitment and training of all new junior web developers. You should be able to provide excellent customer service, understand written and verbal instructions, and stick to deadlines and budget constraints.
To be successful as a Senior Web Developer, you should be innovative and demonstrate a passion for technology. Outstanding candidates are deadline-driven self-starters with superb customer skills.
Senior Web Developer Responsibilities:
- Interpreting client specifications and identifying website user requirements.
- Creating timeframes and work schedules to meet deadlines.
- Communicating effectively with clients and teams.
- Building a network of freelance designers and content writers.
- Updating records and writing reports.
- Debugging websites and ensuring software documentation is updated.
- Liaising with mobile developers.
- Establishing strong professional relationships with clients and other professionals.
- Conducting research and keeping abreast of social media marketing trends.
- Supervising junior web developers, analyzing areas of weakness, and scheduling training sessions accordingly.
Senior Web Developer Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar.
- 3-5 years of experience in web development.
- Practical experience with content management systems.
- Experience with wireframe and diagnostic tools.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Excellent customer service and research abilities.
- Willingness to work overtime when required.
- Superb interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources