Senior Estimators accurately estimate the cost, time, materials, labor, and equipment required for a construction project. They perform cost analyses, determine the duration of a project, procure vendors and subcontractors, and ensure that resources are managed and deadlines are met.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Senior Estimator Job Description Template
We are seeking a Senior Estimator to join our construction team. As a Senior Estimator, you will be responsible for calculating major construction cost estimates, and you will be involved in the planning, development, negotiation, and contract execution of a project.
To be successful as a Senior Estimator, you should have excellent communication skills and great attention to detail. Outstanding Senior Estimators are able to negotiate with a range of professionals, make accurate time and cost estimates, and resolve any issues that arise.
Senior Estimator Responsibilities:
- Determining the total cost of materials, equipment, utilities, and labor for construction projects.
- Researching construction documents and analyzing specifications.
- Preparing estimates for planning, organizing, and scheduling project work.
- Managing pre-qualification and pre-bid submissions.
- Preparing estimates to meet project goals, such as setting work hours, sequencing tasks, obtaining materials, and securing the best deals with vendors and subcontractors.
- Ensuring that relevant documents and budgets are submitted before a bid deadline.
- Regularly reporting to Management and keeping clients updated on the project status.
- Formulating contingency plans and effectively managing risks that might impact cost and time estimates.
- Keeping track of the latest estimating technology and industry-related techniques.
- Collaborating with other teams, conducting site visits, and providing other services, like bid deliveries, when required.
Senior Estimator Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or an equivalent degree.
- Extensive experience as an Estimator in the construction field.
- Exceptional time management, multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Brilliant management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to closely collaborate with other project teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent research, proposal writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of best industry practices and standards.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrable competency with software such as ProContractor, Sage Estimating, or CoConstruct.
- Ability to travel extensively and perform site visits.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources