Senior Estimators ensure that construction project resources are managed and that deadlines are met. They accurately estimate the costs, materials, labor, equipment, and time required. They may also perform site visits and meet with vendors and subcontractors to negotiate deals.
When interviewing Senior Estimators, look for candidates who have demonstrable estimating experience, in-depth knowledge of the construction industry, plus exceptional planning and interpersonal skills. Avoid candidates who cannot make accurate estimates, overlook details, and those who struggle to collaborate with others.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Senior Estimators:
1. What skills do you have that make you a good Senior Estimator?
Tests the candidate’s understanding of the role.
2. Can you describe your approach to mentoring junior colleagues?
Evaluates the candidate’s leadership skills and strengths.
3. How do you ensure compliance of best practices and standards?
Shows commitment to regulations and standard practices.
4. What do you find most challenging about estimating costs?
Reveals estimating skills, experience, and also potential weaknesses.
5. Can you describe a time when you disagreed with a colleague? What happened?
Demonstrates interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources