Interview Questions for Senior Estimators:
1. What skills do you have that make you a good senior estimator?
Tests the candidate’s understanding of the role.
2. Can you describe your approach to mentoring junior colleagues?
Evaluates the candidate’s leadership skills and strengths.
3. How do you ensure compliance of best practices and standards?
Shows commitment to regulations and standard practices.
4. What do you find most challenging about estimating costs?
Reveals estimating skills, experience, and also potential weaknesses.
5. Can you describe a time when you disagreed with a colleague? What happened?
Demonstrates interpersonal and problem-solving skills.