A Security Administrator installs, administers, and troubleshoots an organization's security solutions. The Security Administrator will ensure the network's security, protect against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction, and troubleshoot any access problems.
Security Administrator Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented Security Administrator to be responsible for desktop, mobile, and network security, troubleshooting network access and implementing network security policies and procedures at our organization. The Security Administrator works independently within the established procedures to ensure network security access and protect against unauthorized access, modifications, or destruction. Your responsibilities include performing risk assessments, audits, staff training sessions, and monitoring network activity.
To be a successful Security Administrator, you should be meticulous and detail-oriented, with excellent technical and information security skills. You should be skilled at drafting security policies and training less technically skilled employees to be security conscious.
Security Administrator Responsibilities:
- Installing, administering, and troubleshooting network security solutions.
- Updating software with the latest security patches and ensuring the proper defenses are present for each network resource.
- Performing vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying and defending against threats, and developing disaster recovery plans.
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements, and recommending improvements.
- Monitoring network traffic for suspicious behavior.
- Creating network policies and authorization roles and defending against unauthorized access, modifications, and destruction.
- Consulting with staff, managers, and executives about the best security practices and providing technical advice.
- Configuring and supporting security tools, such as firewalls and anti-virus software.
- Training staff to understand and use security protocols.
Security Administrator Requirements:
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related field.
- Advanced training certifications may be advantageous.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security systems.
- Good teaching, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources